Consultation in the Existential-Humanistic (E-H) Therapy consult groups focuses on cases that illustrate the existential-humanistic orientation to therapeutic practice. These groups are an opportunity to explore how therapeutic orientations are enhanced by incorporating existential and humanistic perspectives.
Next Series Starts May 9th!
Group Leaders: Sonja Saltman, LMFT, EHI Core Instructor & Doug Silberstein, LMFT EHI Affiliate Instructor
Sessions: 5 sessions over 5 months. The sessions are 2 hours in duration. (10 hours total).
Scheduled Day/Time: Mondays, 8am-10am PDT
Dates: 5/9, 6/6, 7/11, 8/8 & 9/12.
Enrollment: Please reach out to our admin, Michelle through our Contact form.
The Existential Humanistic Institute (EHI) is offering Existential-Humanistic (E-H) therapy consultation groups for licensed/pre-licensed professionals via Zoom led by EHI instructors.
This group will be led by EHI’s Sonja Saltman and Doug Silberstein. The schedule for this group is one session per month for 5 months.
The Existential-Humanistic (E-H) Therapy Consultation Group offerings are intended to give participants hands-on experiential opportunities to gain a deeper understanding of how to work with clients from an E-H perspective. Each group is facilitated by two EHI instructors who serve as the group leaders. Leaders emphasize effective relational and experiential techniques that enable genuine encounters and real therapeutic change.
In each group participants focus on:
- Cultivating clients’ personal and relational presence
- Tracking and reflecting clients’ process
- Mirroring and resolving clients’ problematic protective patterns.
By role-playing clients we gain depth to our understanding of:
- Their self and world constructs.
- How their protective patterns may trigger the therapist.
- How to work with the therapist’s personal contexts to resolve therapeutic impasses.
Professional and Supportive Group Environment
Participants present cases in a safe and supportive environment. The group leaders assist the group to not only understand the complexities and nuances of the suffering of the client but also the challenges to the therapist to effect change.
Our E-H Consultation Group Facilitators
Sonja Saltman, LMFT serves as EHI Secretary, is a co-founder of EHI and a long-time EHI Core Instructor.
Doug Silberstein, LMFT serves as EHI Treasurer, is in private practice and is an EHI Affiliate Instructor.
The consult group is open to licensed/pre-licensed clinical professionals who seek to work experientially on cases and enhance their clinical skills; pending an introductory meeting with one of the group leaders.
- Fee: $425.00*
- Discount: $50.00 Discount option is available while enrolling in current year program training cohort!
- Enrollment: You will be registered prior to start of group; after the initial intro meeting with group leader and subsequent payment of invoice for group fee. Please reach out to our admin, Michelle through our Contact form.
*Please note: All fees may be subject to change between offerings without notice. Group fees and missed sessions are non-refundable and non-transferrable.