EHI Clinical Director: Nader Shabahangi, PhD, LMFT
The Existential-Humanistic Institute is excited to offer Bay Area in-person existential-humanistic (E-H) therapy Consult Groups.
2021 Consult Group Series
1st Group: January Start
2nd Group: March Start
New Group to Start in May! Reach out with the form below to be updated.
The Existential Humanistic Institute is offering existential-humanistic consultation groups for licensed/pre-licensed professionals via Zoom led by EHI Faculty. Each group is limited to five therapists. Consultation will focus on cases that illustrate the existential-humanistic orientation to therapeutic practice. This group is an opportunity to explore how therapeutic orientations are enhanced by incorporating existential and humanistic perspectives.
Consult Group Description
EHI’s Consult Groups are intended to give participants hands-on experiential opportunities to gain a deeper understanding of how to work with clients from an E-H perspective. Each group will be facilitated by two EHI instructors who will serve as the group leaders. Leaders will emphasize effective relational and experiential techniques that enable genuine encounters and real therapeutic change.
In each group participants will be able to focus on:
- Cultivating clients’ personal and relational presence
- Tracking and reflecting clients’ process
- Mirroring and resolving clients’ problematic protective patterns.
By role-playing clients we will gain depth to our understanding of:
- Their self and world constructs.
- How their protective patterns may trigger the therapist.
- How to work with the therapist’s personal contexts to resolve therapeutic impasses.
Professional and Supportive Group Environment
Participants will have opportunities to present cases in a safe and supportive environment. The group leaders will assist the group to not only understand the complexities and nuances of the suffering of the client but also the challenges to the therapist to effect change.
Group Length: 5 Months
Five monthly meetings
Location: Online via Zoom
For Group Availability, contact us to let us know you are interested!
The consult program is open to licensed/pre-licensed clinical professionals who seek to work experientially on cases and enhance their clinical skills; pending a successful interview with the group leader.
If you have questions about whether you might qualify please reach out via the form below.
Fees and Registration
- Fee: $400.00
- Discount: $50.00 Discount is available to our current year program training cohort!
- Registration: You will be registered prior to start of group; after the initial intro meeting with group leader and subsequent payment of invoice for group fee.
*Please note: All fees may be subject to change between offerings without notice. Group fees and missed sessions are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
How do I apply to the Consult Group?
- Contact our Admin, Michelle she will connect you with the facilitators who can discuss participation in an upcoming consultation group.
You will be invoiced upon acceptance into a group.
What is the deadline for getting into a group?
We interview potential participants year-round and will communicate group openings to interested accepted participants as they become available. Contact us as soon as possible to secure participation in a group.
We are here to answer any questions you have about the Consult Group program for clinicians.
EHI Admin Assistant
Please note: unsolicited sales or link exchange messages will not be replied to.